Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Lazlo Falconi : (19 April 2014 - 10:42 PM) My god... it's full of bots.
@  Lazlo Falconi : (19 April 2014 - 10:38 PM) Just here for my quarterly exam.
@  Theredbaron : (20 March 2014 - 03:14 AM) Bit late but...
Nothing much. Just existing I guess.
@  thehitman1901 : (12 February 2014 - 08:25 PM) Baron whats goin on yo! wutwut
@  Theredbaron : (12 February 2014 - 04:13 PM) Sad but true.
@  thehitman1901 : (10 February 2014 - 06:59 PM) We've killed them all...muhaha
@  nightmare507 : (06 February 2014 - 01:47 PM) i havent been on here since 2010, how is everyone
@  thehitman1901 : (03 February 2014 - 09:25 AM) dammit...
@  Lord Lucifer : (01 February 2014 - 06:50 PM) Hi guise!!!
@  Lord Lucifer : (01 February 2014 - 06:50 PM) <.<
@  Lord Lucifer : (01 February 2014 - 06:50 PM) >.>
@  thehitman1901 : (28 January 2014 - 12:11 PM) wut wut in the butt...
@  thehitman1901 : (24 January 2014 - 12:56 AM) Ten years is a long fucking time friends.
@  thehitman1901 : (24 January 2014 - 12:47 AM) Being an adult sucks. :P
@  thehitman1901 : (24 January 2014 - 12:46 AM) Du du du dum.....
@  Chaz : (21 January 2014 - 05:04 PM) Bad a bum. K she
@  The Flea : (01 December 2013 - 12:31 PM) Hello People! :-D Long Time!
@  Lord Lucifer : (15 November 2013 - 08:02 PM) Yep I was on there ALOT!
@  Lazlo Falconi : (26 October 2013 - 01:30 AM) And if you're interested: http://rom-source.0c...rom-source.html
@  Lazlo Falconi : (26 October 2013 - 01:29 AM) Didn't know Lucy and Cricket ever went into the IRC channel...

Photo

Emulator & ROMs - CPS3 - Updated - 2/3/2012

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Warlock

Warlock

Game Over!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • Interests:When it comes to video games, these are my interests - RPGs, Fighters, some Sports (Midway style or EA BIG), Shooters (only if I can use my Guncon/Blaster) and some Adventure games.

Systems I currently own are - Wii, DS Lite, PS2, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Genesis (packed away), Atari 2600 and of course, my PC!

Other interests - Magic:The Gathering CCG, The Simpsons, Taz, Harley Davidson, my wife and daughter!
  • Favorite Games: NHL Slapshot

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

CPS-3 is an arcade system board that was first used by Capcom in 1996 with the arcade game Red Earth. It was the second successor to the CP System arcade hardware, following the CP System II. It would be the last proprietary system board Capcom would produce before moving to the more common Taito Type X system boards used in Japan.

The CP System III is the latest arcade system board designed by Capcom. It features a security mechanism; games are supplied on a CD, which contains the encrypted game contents, and a security cartridge containing the game BIOS and the SH-2 CPU[1] with integrated decryption logic, with the per-game key stored in battery-backed SRAM. When the CP System III board is first powered on, the contents of the CD are flashed onto a bank of SIMMs on the motherboard, where it is executed. The program code is then decrypted at run time via the security cartridge. The security cartridge is sensitive to any sort of tampering, which will result in the decryption key being erased and the cartridge being rendered useless.

Games became unplayable when the battery inside the security cartridge died, which had to be replaced at cost to the owner. Furthermore, the CP System III was only capable of 2D graphics at a time when most games were being developed with 3D hardware in mind.

In June 2007, the encryption method was reverse-engineered by Andreas Naive, making emulation possible. The encryption turned out to be a fairly straightforward combination of rotates and XORs.

Specifications

Main CPU: Hitachi HD6417099 (SH-2) at 25 MHz
Storage:
SCSI CD-ROM drive
RAM (variable amount)
Flash ROM: 8 x 16 MiB
Sound chip: 16-channel 8-bit sample player, stereo
Maximum number of colors: 32768 (15 bit colour, 555 RGB)
Palette size: 131072 pens
Colors per tile (backgrounds / sprites): 64 (6 bits per pixel) or 256 (8 bits per pixel), selectable
Colors per tile (text overlay): 16 (4 bits per pixel)
Maximum number of objects: 1024, with hardware scaling
Scroll faces: 4 regular + 1 text overlay 'score screen' layer
Scroll features: Horizontal & vertical scrolling, linescroll, linezoom
Framebuffer zooming
Color blending effects
Hardware RLE decompression of 6 bpp and 8 bpp graphics through DMA
Resolution, pixels: 384ÃÆ'â€â€224 (standard mode) / 496ÃÆ'â€â€224 (widescreen mode)
Known games on this hardware: 6

Download
http://bitshare.com/.../CPS-3.rar.html

CPS3 Emulator and the following games are included in the download - JoJo's Venture, JoJo's Venture Alternate, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter III: New Generation, Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight For The Future, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight For The Future Alternate & Warzard - Red Earth.

With MegaUpload being down, possibly permanently, I'm currently in the process of re-uploading all of my files to another server. This is going to take some time, so please be patient. Thanks.

Wii & PS2 modder!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Gamer's Voice has found a new home at http://darkumbra.net/! Come for the fun! Stay for the friendliness!

Posted Image178 Members Have Felt The Pain of The Ban Hammer By Me!Posted Image

#2 NARU.EXE

NARU.EXE

Forum Goddess

• Sub-Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

Naru enjoyed all these games in one form or another, mostly on Dreamcast,
except for Red Earth which Naru got to play through emulation.
Loved that game!

#3 Warlock

Warlock

Game Over!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • Interests:When it comes to video games, these are my interests - RPGs, Fighters, some Sports (Midway style or EA BIG), Shooters (only if I can use my Guncon/Blaster) and some Adventure games.

Systems I currently own are - Wii, DS Lite, PS2, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Genesis (packed away), Atari 2600 and of course, my PC!

Other interests - Magic:The Gathering CCG, The Simpsons, Taz, Harley Davidson, my wife and daughter!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Same here. Even played a few of those in the arcade. :)

Wii & PS2 modder!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Gamer's Voice has found a new home at http://darkumbra.net/! Come for the fun! Stay for the friendliness!

#4 NARU.EXE

NARU.EXE

Forum Goddess

• Sub-Admin
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Same here. Even played a few of those in the arcade. :)

Lucky!
The last Street Fighter, Naru got to play in an arcade was the first Alpha.
Then all the area arcades went away.
Man, Naru misses the arcades of the 80's.

#5 Warlock

Warlock

Game Over!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

We only have one arcade left in my area and there isn't much there anymore! :(

Wii & PS2 modder!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 NARU.EXE

NARU.EXE

Forum Goddess

• Sub-Admin
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, they're like dinosaurs,
the cool stuff disappears forever.

#7 Warlock

Warlock

Game Over!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

With MegaUpload being down, possibly permanently, I'm currently in the process of re-uploading all of my files to another server. This is going to take some time, so please be patient. Thanks.

Wii & PS2 modder!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Warlock

Warlock

Game Over!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Updated with a new link!

Wii & PS2 modder!

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users